Diamond is a beautiful piece of jewellery set into necklaces and pendants to give them an elegant look. It is placed with gold or platinum metals that come in different lengths. Different types of diamond necklaces create a sparkle wherever you go. Read on to know the types of diamond necklaces that are trending now:
Types of Diamond Necklaces
Diamond necklaces come in different shapes and styles, but picking the right one that suits your personality and outfit is quite challenging. So before buying the right one, check out the models that are trending in the market to get an idea. The varieties available nowadays are spectacular, so choose one that will help you steal the limelight. The different kinds of diamond necklaces to look out for are:
- Solitaire Necklace: A diamond solitaire necklace is a timeless classic that continues to win the hearts of women. It has only one single diamond stone that is the entire jewellery setting. One can wear this specific piece of neckwear with any attire regardless of the occasion and circumstance. This can be set on white gold or even silver to enhance the persona. The types under these are a large carat pendant that creates a bold look or a halo kind with a smaller stone.
- Choker Necklace: A close-fit necklace around the neck with diamonds is a perfect bridal ornament, which radiates a bright sparkle. A choker diamond necklace may be lightweight or heavy in style, with even layers of diamonds incorporated with pearls, rubies and emeralds.
- Pendant Necklace: A pendant is the most preferred one among ladies diamond necklaces as they come in various designs, shapes and sizes. It can be featured on gold, silver, or even platinum chains with the locket suspended. In addition, this necklace can be made more grandeur with pearls and precious stones stringed along the chain.
- Coloured Diamond Necklace: Like other stones, there are different colours in diamonds apart from white, and the delightful hues of the diamonds are mentioned here. They are canary diamond, pink diamond, blue diamond, red diamond, orange diamond, green diamond, brown diamond, and black diamond.
- Initial Necklace: This type of necklace offers the most stylish and personalised look to the wearer. It features alphabets made with either silver or gold with a diamond at the centre. It is widely seen to be sported by most celebrities and social media influencers.
Different Types Of Diamond Settings
The setting is the most crucial aspect when it comes to a diamond necklace. It transforms the appearance of the whole neckwear, and the different types of settings are:
- Prong setting: It resembles a claw and is the most reputed way to mount diamonds onto the jewellery. The metals are cast to form the prongs thinly and hold the diamonds securely in place. The prong can be elongated, rounded or even pointed in shape. It allows maximum reflection and refraction of light to enhance the lustre that diamonds create. Solitaire pendants and the latest nose ring designs in gold follow this setting to look radiant.
- Bezel setting: In this type, the metal rim is above the girdle of the diamonds. The edges encapsulate the diamond, and these are the most durable setting kind that withstands falls and external trauma. But this restricts the light passing through as the metal rims cover most of the diamond stone, affecting its brilliance.
- The other settings that are used less commonly are channel, cluster, pave and invisible settings.
Besides the above-mentioned facts, the length and the metal purity are other aspects before investing in a diamond necklace. To be affordable, one can opt for 14k and 18k gold, and the most widely made minimum length of diamond necklaces are 16 inches and 18 inches.