Put-in-Bay is a small Village along the South Bass Island in Ohio. It has a population of less than 500. It is known to be a summer resort. The rocky beach along Oak Point State Park and the shoreline of Lake Erie are the best attractions of this small island.
Booking in advance is feasible because the tourist rush makes everything limited. Whether it is golf cart rental, hotel booking, looking for the best local restaurant, water activities, cruise and ferry booking, all can be done on Putinbay.org. It is a website that provides complete information about PIB to help you plan a trip. Their marketing agency helps in connecting with the best dealers to improve the booking facility.
Since PIB is an island that is famous for Lake Erie, white sand, water activities, and dolphin view, therefore the right time to visit PIB is during summer. Summer and early spring is the peak season for PIB, but that doesn’t mean other seasons are ignored. Late fall may not be for water activities, but it surely gives a wonderful sunrise and sunset view, bonfire at the beach, spring is for watching nature closely with wonderful birds and flowers blooming all over the place. Therefore, PIB has something for everyone in the package during any season.
Things to do in Put-in-Bay
- Don’t miss the 352-feet high tower, Perry’s Victory, and International Peace Memorial which gives you the view of South Bass Island from the mainland. The monument is dedicated to those who fought in the battle of 1812.
- Enjoy seafood and other delicacies at the Boardwalk which is a lunch spot. You can also get a perfect view of Lake Erie which is famous for perch and walleye.
- Take a tour of the Heineman’s Winery or PIB Winery and enjoy a sip of local bottles of wines. Don’t worry about your kids, they get local grape juice to enjoy its sweetness.
- At the Perry’s Cave Family Fun Center you can take a tour of the underground limestone cave, enjoy gem mining, rock wall climbing, and visit the butterfly house with 100 species of butterflies.
- Take a bike tour of the shoreline of Lake Erie. There are several spots where you can rent a bike, just pay a minimal amount, and enjoy a whole day trip.
- Watch perch and walleye before they get into deep water in Lake Erie.
- Enjoy walking on the nature trail and see wildlife as well as unique wildflowers on the way.
- You can also enjoy various water activities like Jet Ski, parasailing, and a picnic at the rocky beach.
Tourists either plan a whole day trip or one night stay at the Island. If you’re looking for Put-in-Bay Places To Stay for a day or two, you can check their official website. They have all sorts of best hotels and lodges which can e booked directly with the businessmen.
There are a lot many things to enjoy at PIB. If you’re planning a vacation at PIB this year, remember to follow the safety and health guidelines.